Undoubtedly, Images always take up a lot of space on our computers, which is why it is important to reduce their size. Compressing images is also essential when you send them on different platforms, such as Gmail, WhatsApp, etc. The good news is that you can easily compress a photo on Windows with the help of different applications.
In this article, we will share a few techniques that you can use to compress an image without compromising the quality. Continue reading to find out which tips we are talking about.
Why Do We Need to Compress the Images?
In this era, it is important to have small images because they consume less space. In fact, if you have a website and want to upload photos, you have to reduce the image size. Without reducing the size, your website won’t load faster, which can result in losing rankings and users. Also, compressing images is important because it saves bandwidth, and your page loads faster. Below are some ways that you can use to compress image size.
Ways to Compress an Image on Windows
Currently, in the market, you can find different compression software, but the question is which one you should choose first? Choosing the best application is not complicated, but using it can be. However, we have mentioned some ways that you can use to compress an image on Windows. Let’s discuss them one by one.
The first method is the easiest one, and anyone can follow it. If you are planning to reduce image size and dimensions, we recommend using Microsoft on Windows. This tool is easy to use, and you can easily open it on almost all browsers. Here is how you can compress images in Microsoft.
- First, select the image that you want to compress and click the “Picture Tools Format” option.
- Now, click the “Compress Pictures” option.
- You will see various options for compressing the images. For example, if you want to compress an image for inserting in a document, then click the “Print” option.
- Now, click “OK” and choose the location where you want to save the image. Finally, your image is compressed.
The process of compressing images on Windows is easier. But you have to follow some steps to do it in the right way. Furthermore, those who don’t want to use any application can easily use this method. Here is how you can compress images in Windows.
- First, you have to search for the image that you want to compress. Now, open the image in Photos. You can do it easily by double-clicking the image.
- Now, open the drop-down menu and select the “Resize” option.
- After that, select the size that you want to add. For example, you can choose s and m size.
- Once you are done, click the “Done” option.
- Now, in the last few steps, edit the name of the image and select the location where you want to save the image.
- You have successfully compressed the image.
These were the ways that you can use to compress images using the Windows tool. In case you want to download third-party applications and compress the pictures, we have mentioned the steps below.
Photoshop is our favorite tool because it consists of various features that can help compress the image in no time. Furthermore, it also allows setting the resolution so that you don’t have to worry about the quality. What’s more, it provides various plugs that you can use to customize and adjust the image. We have mentioned the steps below so you can understand this app better.
- Launch Photoshop and visit the “File” menu and click open.
- Now, select the image that you want to compress and again click the “Open” option. You can also drag and drop the picture.
- Once you have selected the image, open the ruler that will guide you regarding the coordinates.
- In the next step, click the “Image Size” option and set the resolution. If you want to compress the image for a website, we recommend choosing 72.
- Once the resolution is set, hit the “OK” and compress the picture. You can click the “Export” option and save the image for your website or computer.
GIMP is another third-party application that you can use to compress the images. It also makes sure that you can easily adjust the width and height of the image. Furthermore, it is easy to use and doesn’t require any technical skills. However, the compressing procedure would be lengthy, but beginners can follow it easily. Let’s discuss the steps.
- Go to the “File” option and click “Open” to upload an image.
- You will be asked to resize by pixel, and for that, you can see different options on the screen. For example, if you are changing the size of a web page, the image size is 1300px x 1900px.
- Now, click the “Image” and hit the “Scale Image” option. From this option, you can easily change the width and height.
- Once the width and height are changed, select the “Scale” option.
- In the last step, you have to compress the image, and for that, again click the “File” option and hit “Export.” Finally, your new image is ready. You can now check the image and will be shocked to see the image size. In this way, you can easily change different images using GIMP.
Compressing the image is not difficult any more if you have the best software around. However, sometimes people don’t prefer using third-party applications because of the complicated steps. If you are also one of those, then you can use ImageupScaler, which is an online tool for compressing the image size. You don’t have to do much when it comes to using this tool. Just upload your image and click the “Compress Image’ option, and you are good to go. The advantage of using it is that it doesn’t disturb the image quality.